THESSALONIKI WALKING TOUR
About The Tour
Feel the vibe of the city by walking with us!!!… There are so many things you can see, smell, hear … hidden in places that only a local can take you to explore!!! Don’t miss the opportunity to see the city from all points of view … the cosmopolitan, the archaeological and the traditional… Live like locals do!!!
Departure point“LEFKOS PYRGOS” (White Tower), at 11:00
Tour ends at:“LADADIKA” district
Departure datesMonday, Friday & Saturday
Duration3 hours approx. *Estimated frequency & duration due to traffic, weather or/and any other conditions beyond “City Sightseeing THESSALONIKI” control.
Participants1 - 15
Operating periodFrom MAY 9th 2022 to OCTOBER 31st 2022 (except block out dates).
Blockout dates within operating periodNational or/and local celebrating days of 2022 Such as: September 10th & 11th and October 26th & 28th.
The distance is about 6km long and lasts approximately 3 hours.
We start our walking tour from “Lefkos Pyrgos” (White Tower), the Royal Theater and the statue of Alexander the Great. Then, walking through the shopping center and the pedestrian areas of the city we reach catacomb of St. John as well as the church of Agia Sofia, the former metropolis temple of Thessaloniki with the wonderful encrustation in its dome and the early Christian capitals.
We continue to the Athonos sq. and we move through spice trade shops that deluge the senses with colors and smells. Going up the Venizelou sq. we arrive to Bey Hamam, the Roman Forum with the Cryptoporticus and the Conservatory. Then we come along – in its beautiful verdant garden – the church of Panagia Halkeon. A middle Byzantine work of art with impressive frescos in the inside.
We move through the “Kapani” and “Modiano” markets, where the plethora and the variety of goods for sale is impressive and we feel the pulse of the utmost traditional side of the city. We enjoy our Greek coffee in a picturesque coffee shop inside the market and we continue reaching the small area of “Louloudadika” (flower market), where the enticing smell of the flowers and their colors coupled with the HAMAM 16sth century, completes the image of a “garden” inside the center of the city.
We walk over Tsimiski str. passing near the Jewish Museum dedicated to the Holocaust and we come across the “Ladadika” district where the heart of the night life beats. At this place, besides the countless night clubs, bars, traditional tavernas and restaurants we come across listed buildings, scenic alleys paved with cobblestones and marbled fountains that seem to be drawn from a bygone era.
We are concluding our tour at “Ladadika”, where we recommend you – at your own leisure – to visit the Museum of Cinema, the Museum of Photography (inside the NEW PORT’s area), or to reach in a few meters distance the famous Aristotelous sq. or even to enjoy your promenade at Nikis Ave. waterfornt.
From that point you can explore the city following your own routes or … “hop on” on one of our open double decker buses and see the city and the sights “from above”.
- ⦁ Lefkos Pyrgos (White Tower), Royal Theatre, Alexander the Great statue (… HOHO bus Departure/Arrival point “LEFKOS PYRGOS”)
- ⦁ Agia Sofia Church & St. Johns catacomb (… connecting point with HOHO bus stop No.2 “AGIA SOFIA Church”)
- ⦁ Aristotelous sq.
- ⦁ Bey Hamam (… connecting point with HOHO bus stop No.7 “EGNATIA (ARISTOTELOUS)”)
- ⦁ Panagia Halkeon Church
- ⦁ Roman Forum
- ⦁ Kapani & Modiano market
- ⦁ Louloudadika (flower market), Giahounti Hamam
- ⦁ Ladadika district (… access to HOHO bus stop No.9 “PORT”)
- ⦁ Customers will see and meet the City Sightseeing THESSALONIKI staff, at the departure/arrival point “LEFKOS PYRGOS” at least 10 minutes prior to the departure time.
- ⦁ Be informed about weather conditions.
- ⦁ Wear comfortable clothes and shoes to walk around Thessaloniki. Don’t forget your hat, sunglasses and sunscreen in the summertime.
Enjoy your tour and take the best pictures of the city …
… share your experience with your friends and us …
Included in price
- English- speaking tour leader.
- English speaking Guide.
- Coffee break at KAPANI traditional market.
- All taxes.
- Personal Expenses & Gratuities (optional).
- FREE ponchos & umbrellas in case of rain.
- FREE tips.